The fireside chats, book club discussions, and hot topic meetings of the WSIG inspired a town hall series in 2021. This series draws from timely and important topics in the fleet, the academy, and our day-to-day lives to share knowledge, build community, and inspire action.
To suggest future topics for the town hall series, please contact SIGWomenUSNA@gmail.com.
Leadership Wisdom from Black Women on Active Duty in the Navy and Marine Corps
When: Friday, February 19, 2021, 1900 – 2030 Eastern Time
About: We will kick off our first town hall during Black History Month by speaking with a panel of Active-Duty Black women Navy and Marine Corps leaders who will share their insight, inspiration, and practical guidance on leadership and life. The panel and a question-and-answer period will be moderated by midshipman as we hear from leaders from a variety of military communities and in different places in their careers.
- Colonel Tamara Campbell, USMC
- Program Manager of Advanced Tactical Aircraft Protection Systems Program (PMA-272) and USNA Class of ‘97
- Lieutenant Commander Jennifer “Skittles” Yedoni, USN
- E-2C/D Hawkeye NFO and USNA Class of ‘06
- Lieutenant Commander Precious McQuade, USN
- Nuclear Surface Warfare Officer and USNA Class of ‘07
- Ensign Ladavish Dorn, USN
- Nuclear Submariner and USNA Class of ‘20
The panel will be moderated by:
- Midshipman, First Class Madeleine Cooke, USN
- Midshipman Black Studies Club President and the first Brigade Dignity and Respect Officer
- Midshipman, First Class Sierra Swanda, USN
- Chair for Midshipmen Diversity Team
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting. Registration is limited to the first 100 people so please sign up soon.