From our President:
Congratulations Class of 2021!
We’ve all been where you are, on the threshold of a new life adventure. We decided to share some of our experiences and lessons learned with you, in short “primers” as you begin your new careers. Below you’ll find a list of primer topics to click for details.
- WHAT TO KNOW ABOUT LEASES BEFORE SIGNING
- HOW TO EAT WELL ON AN O-1 SALARY
- ESSENTIAL KITCHEN TOOLS
- FIRST NAVY EXCHANGE (NEX) OR COMMISSARY RUN CHECKLIST
- LIFE ORGANIZATION
- MOVING AND PCS
- ADVANCED EDUCATION
- CONSIGNMENT AND THRIFT STORES
- SPACE “A”
- GYM MEMBERSHIPS
Though many alumnae contributed to this section, we’d like to thank Donna Sengelaub ’82 for the bulk of these tips.
- HOW TO FIND YOUR WAY AROUND A SHIP
- NAVIGATING THE WARDROOM
- MAKING A FIRST GOOD IMPRESSION
- HANDWRITTEN WORK LOG/DIARY
- KEEP A PROFESSIONAL FILE
- OFFICER DATA CARD
- LANGUAGE PROFICIENCY
- EVALUATION AND FITNESS REPORTS
- NAVPERS AND SECNAV INSTRUCTIONS
- LEAVE AND EARNING STATEMENT
- NAVY SERVICES AND OFFICES
- FINANCIAL AND DEBT ISSUES
- QUICK TIPS
Good luck and Go Navy!